Written and Illustrated By Books
March Monthly Project
Assigned: March 5, 2019 Due: April 12, 2019
This month you will be doing a research project on a famous person of your choice. The project will consist of 5 different parts:
1. Read a biography on someone you admire
2.Take an AR test
3. Complete a research project folder which will include a 3 paragraph research
essay on your person
4. Create a puppet in your person’s likeness
5. Prepare a speech for your presentation.
Item #’s 1, 4, and 5 will be completed out of class as homework while item #’s 2 and 3 will be completed in-class with teacher support. You can pick anyone that you would like to study, but the book must be an AR book and be a just right fit book for you to read--at your reading level.
Attached you will find detailed directions on how to make your puppet and how to prepare your presentation. You will also find a rubric for your whole project. This project is first-come, first-serve basis on your choice for your project. Show your teacher who you are going to be reading about by Wednesday. March 13, 2019. Everything is due on Friday, April 12th. Have fun and happy reading!
Please find below the directions for your puppet and presentation that you will be completing at home.
- Create a puppet to represent your character.
- Your puppet should be homemade using an assortment of craft materials.
- Be creative. Do not use any store bought toys.
- Have the puppet hold something that represents your subject.
2. Oral Presentation:
- Prepare a three– to five-minute oral presentation on your subject.
- Speak in the first person as if you were the character.
- Use your puppet creatively during the oral report so it doesn’t just sit there.
- Be prepared to answer questions from the audience.
- Speech must be between 3 to 5 minutes.