Welcome to our class website! Check here often for news, progress reports, ideas, surveys, poems, quotes and what we are learning and exploring in class! This is the place to be for info!
Arts, Crafts & Science Corner
Build a Dream Vacation Box
What You Need:
Shoebox with lid
Acrylic craft paint
Images from magazines, books, brochures, or from the Internet that relate to the dream place
Scissors or craft knife
Small map of the dream location
What You Do:
1. Paint the entire box a solid color.
2. Give your child scissors and ask him to cut out the images he wants for his box from the gathered materials. Have him place each image on the piece of cardboard and carefully cut along their outlines.
3. Glue the small map of the dream location on the lid of the box.
4. Cut images to fit inside of the map, trimming the outside images to to fit the contours of the border.
5. When the map image is filled, outline it with a bright color of paint so it'll stand out. He can now decorate the rest of the box any way he'd like-- glitter, more images, gems, markers... encourage him to get creative!
6. Use the foam brush to cover each side of the box and lid with a thin layer of decoupage glue to seal and protect the collage.
7. Encourage your child to fill the box with information that can help him get to his dream location someday... whether it's research, photos, or fun facts. When he's done, give him an audience. He can use his box and its contents to convince people they might like to go there as well. Who knows, there may be a family trip sometime in your future!
Quote of the month
Mrs. Dendall-4th Grade, Rm. 15
Poem of the Week